How to Manage & Play QNAP NAS Media Files Thru JRiver Media Center
JRiver Media Center is perfect to manage a large library of media files and even multiple media servers within the same network. The media center features cover art and metadata art to make the management easier and users can use the powerful media player for flawless direct-streaming of every multimedia format as well as multi-zone multimedia streaming. Today, this article aims to elaborate on how to use JRiver Media Center to manage and play QNAP NAS media files in HD Station. Keep on reading on...
System requirements and environment settings
Make sure your NAS QTS version is 4.2 (or above) and HD station is 3.0 (or above).
Install JRiver Media Center on HD station.
Please go to "Control Panel" > "Applications" > "HybridDesk Station", then install "Media Center"
Import NAS Media files to JRiver Media Center
1. Open HD Station and run JRiver Media Center.
2. Go to "File" > "Library" > "Import".
* Import a single folder: Add the content of a single folder to your library.
* Configure Auto-Import: Provide a list of folders to automatically sync to your library.
3. Choose the folder and the file type you want to import (using the NAS Multimedia folder as an example.)
The default NAS folder path is "File System" > "Share" > "Multimedia".
4. Select "Audio", "Images" and "Video" in the left bar to see the imported files.
Advanced function: Use DLNA function to add library from local network Media Server
1. Go to "Services and Plug-ins" > "Media Network" then choose "Options".
2. Enable "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA".
3. Select "Playing now" > "Playing from..." and you will see all of the available media servers on the local network.
4. Choose the Media Server you want to play from and select "Load Library".
5. You will see the files in "Audio", "Images" and "Video".
With JRiver Media Center in the HD Station, users can manage a large library of media files and multiple media servers within the same network. So for those who have collected tons of Blu-ray/DVD discs, a good way to manage and organize them is to make a digital copy of these Blu-ray/DVD movies, then add them to QNAP NAS to manage through JRiver Media Center.
Best Blu-ray/DVD Ripper to copy Blu-ray/DVD movies to QNAP NAS
In order to finish the task perfectly, you need some help from the professional yet reliable Blu-ray/DVD Ripper program like Brorsoft Video Converter Ultimate, rated as the one of the best Blu-ray/DVD Ripper tool, which enables you to get around the all kinds of DVD/Blu-ray copy protections and rip movies off of DVD/Blu-ray discs, as well as assists you change them into QNAP NAS compatible video formats, so that you can easily import and enjoy your funny DVD/Blu-ray movies on JRiver Media Center. Here is a brief guide to rip and convert DVD/Blu-ray with Brorsoft Video Converter Ultimate.
Simple tutorial to rip Blu-ray/DVD with Brorsoft Video Converter Ultimate
Step 1: Add source video files
From the sublist, click "Load from disc" or "Load from folder" to load your Blu-ray/DVD movie from disc or folder;
Step 2: Select output format
Click Format (located below where your source files are displayed) and you can choose any one according to the supported video format of JRiver Media Center since QNAP NAS supported wider range of formats.
Tips: If you want to customize output video quality in further, click Settings button to customize video quality like resolution, frame rate, bit rate, audio channel, etc.
Step 3: Click "Convert" to start to rip Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, AVI, DviX, etc for JRiver Media Center and QNAP NAS.
Video Formats supported by JRiver Media Center:
AVI Video (avi)
MPEG Video (mpeg, mpg, m1v, mpv, mpe, m2v)
MPEG-4 Container Formats (mp4, m4v, mp4v, m4p, 3gp, 3g2)
Windows Media Video (wmv, wvx)
DIVX Video (divx)
DVD Video (ifo, vob)
QuickTime Video (mov, qt)
TiVo Format (.tivo files)
Flash Video (flv)